Tips on Buying Disability Insurance
- If you’re married, cover both incomes.
- Consider a supplemental policy if your group disability coverage at work is weak. Many are.
- Buy coverage, ideally, to age 65, or for no less than five years if you’re finally strapped.
- Choose the longest waiting period you can comfortably afford before coverage begins, such as 60 or 90 days.You’ll save 30 percent or more on your costs.
- If you expect your future income to increase, add a Guaranteed Purchase Option that guarantees your right to buy more coverage in the future, regardless of your health.
- Don’t buy a policy that won’t cover partial disabilities on a long-term basis.
We have been extremely happy with the service that we have received from Cincinnati General Insurance. They go out of their way to find the best insurance policies for both our house and our cars. They also get back to us immediately for any information that we need or when we haJim and Christie B.
Please note: the information provided here is of a general information nature and is accurate to the best of our ability. We are insurance agents and not insurance experts. Please consult your own policy and with your own agent for specific coverage questions and concerns.