Tips on Buying Home Insurance
- Insure your building for 100% of its replacement cost new.
- Buy a Home Replacement Guarantee that will rebuild your home even if the cost exceeds your insurance amount. By the guarantee without a percentage cap.
- Buy liability limits equal to your automobile liability limits.
- Choose the highest deductible for which your receive adequate premium credit.
- By Special Perils coverage for building and contents, which covers any accidental loss not caused by a handful of excluded causes.
- Don’t just accept the standard coverage for detached structures and contents that come with the policy. Make sure that the dollar amount for those two coverage will fully replace what you own.
- Read your policy. Discover what kinds of personal property are excluded or subject to dollar limits. Buy the optional coverages you need to eliminate those restrictions.
- Read our policy liability exclusions. Buy the optional coverages you need to cover anything you’re doing that is excluded.
- If you bring work home, buy the optional business liability endorsement to cover injuries to the occasional delivery person.
- If you have a home-based business, don’t buy the restrictive home-based business endorsement. Buy the business owner’s policy instead.
- Buy the optional sewer backup coverage. And buy federal flood insurance if you’re exposed to flood or heavy rains.
- Buy earthquake coverage if the risk exists in your area.
We have been extremely happy with the service that we have received from Cincinnati General Insurance. They go out of their way to find the best insurance policies for both our house and our cars. They also get back to us immediately for any information that we need or when we haJim and Christie B.
Please note: the information provided here is of a general information nature and is accurate to the best of our ability. We are insurance agents and not insurance experts. Please consult your own policy and with your own agent for specific coverage questions and concerns.