Cincinnati General Blog

  • Dealing with Damage to Your Vehicle

    Manage Your Risk Words Dice Reduce Costs Liabilities

    Collision coverage covers damage resulting from colliding with another object (for example, another vehicle, building, post, or curt), regardless of fault

    Comprehensive (also known as Other Than Collision) coverage covers damage resulting from most other kinds of accidental damage to your vehicle, such as theft, fire, vandalism, hail, glass breakage, hitting a deer, or wind.

    Both of these coverages are subject to an up-front deductible (copayment) on your part. When purchasing either coverage it is wise to assume as much risk as you can afford- financially and emotionally, through higher deductibles- or possibly not purchasing these coverages at all.

    Tip: If you driving record has deteriorated and your premiums are in danger of raising significantly (or you face cancellation) with one more claim, we recommend very high deductibles or $1000 or higher. In all likelihood it won’t make sense to file a small claim- and risk the higher premiums- so why pay for something you are not going to use?

  • Leave a Reply

One Agent
Many Companies